Sunday 30 December 2012

Wikispaces in the Classroom


Back in September, my school collaborated with two other schools in the area for a Professional Development Day in order to share skills, resources and ideas. A few teachers from each school offered different workshops for other staff members to participate in. I was involved in running a workshop with another colleague and we chose technology as the focus. In particular, it was about using Wikispaces in the Classroom.

If you’ve never heard of Wikispaces before, it is basically a secure website that you can use with your class to post work, pictures and facilitate discussion. You can add pictures, video, audio and web links etc.

I’ve included some screenshots below to show some of the pages from my class’ wikipage.

As part of the Professional Development Workshop I put together a step-by-step guide on how to set up, customize and effectively use Wikispaces. I have put up all of these instructions on my Tech Tutorials page.






SignOffPic

No comments:

Post a Comment