Wednesday 6 February 2013

Keeping Students on Track - Behaviour Management Part 2 + FREEBIE!


I always try to focus on the positive, particularly when it comes to student behaviour. However, there are always times when students need a reminder to stay on the right track.


Each student has his or her own ‘pocket’. The pockets are just small money envelopes that I have stuck a name label on blu-tacked to the door.


Each pocket holds the students’ own paddle pop stick person. To create these I took a photo of the student and colour printed it card stock. I then laminated it for durability and used a hot glue gun to secure it to a paddle pop stick.


Each morning, the paddle pop stick person starts in its envelope. If a student begins to wonder off task or starts acting up, their name gets moved to the cup with the sign, ‘I need to try harder to do the right thing’. This is essentially their ‘first warning’.

If they get spoken a second time, their name gets moved again to the cup with the sign, ‘I am doing the wrong thing’. Whilst in this cup, if they get spoken to again they lose 5 minutes of their lunchtime.


Students are never ‘stuck’ in a cup. They are always able to get back to their pocket if they turn their behaviour around.

You can get a copy of the signs I have created for the display space. Click on the pic below to be taken to my TPT store and download it for FREE!


Display Sign

SignOffPic

1 comment:

  1. They look great! I always like to give students the opportunity to "earn" their way back. Great idea!
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete